SWL F-14368 Frank

I am SWL 14368 Frank near Paris FRANCE. This blog if for my listenings AM radio on SW and MW and i write few articles for SWL of AM radios ( équipment, etc ) This is my blog number 3. Thank you. 73 and good DX

mardi 21 mai 2024

INCREDIBLE review of AM portable radios receivers

 https://radiojayallen.com/am-portables-mega-shootout-2019-update/?fbclid=IwZXh0bgNhZW0CMTEAAR0dlLMfT8cCpW00ox1lL6_lTziRNXg9mz3LD_y8IbFuGkRug3dDp11XkiU_aem_AXQR-NqqvPfOiji2p5oD-IQGex3lVen3t4ng2X2MO28nJV8uvs8hgCV8tbJLm2r8umZbUS95jQNkOmTo504Otsrd



I will note when a radio has other attributes or weaknesses such as excellent FM or SW and will also describe sound quality when appropriate. For FM Ratings see the FM Mega Shootout Article. You can always email me to ask specific questions…I try to answer every email I receive. However please read the full reviews when available before emailing me as I receive many emails with questions which are clearly addressed in those reviews.

First a few notes about my testing methodology: Comparing portable radios is tricky; many such “tests” I’ve seen are fatally flawed because the tester failed to take some of the variables and pitfalls which must be controlled into consideration. Some of these include:

Unit To Unit Variability: No two samples of a given model perform absolutely identically as received, especially vintage sets. Usually I completely rehabilitate the old radios I acquire, doing any repairs as needed to restore full, normal operation followed by a careful alignment to ensure the unit is operating at peak efficiency. I have been lucky enough to be able to examine multiple samples of many of the top models and have found that even after I have done everything possible some variations may still exist. When that happens I use a good, typical sample for these tests…an unusual sample either good or bad is obviously not the best candidate to judge a model in general. This seems to be the most reliable way to judge each radio’s inherent capabilities. This unit-to-unit variability is somewhat less of a problem with many current models, especially the better ones.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Save a comment
Please indicate in your comment your amateur radio callsign, swl, or your email

Remarque : Seul un membre de ce blog est autorisé à enregistrer un commentaire.